Our service offered is completely legal. Law 42-2017 authorizes doctors to prescribe Cannabis for medicinal use when treating certain conditions. Law 169-2018 authorizes the use of telemedicine and the online management service with the patient’s consent to process their application on their behalf at the Department of Health.
The process involves several steps:
- Start with you registering by filling out a short form where your demographic and health information is collected.
- In that form you also include a photo of your official government identification (driver’s license, passport, Real ID, etc.)
- When you complete the registration, you select your service plan and issue the corresponding payment.
- A doctor will contact you for an evaluation.
- If qualified, the doctor certifies a recommendation for the use of Medicinal Cannabis.
- With this recommendation and other documents, you can go to the Puerto Rico Department of Health to request your Medical Cannabis license. For a complete list of necessary documents please visit: http://www.salud.gov.pr/Documents/Cannabis/Solicitud%20de%20Tarjeta%20de%20Identificación%20de%20Pacientes%20para%20el%20Uso%20de%20Cannabis%20Medicinal.pdf
- If you choose our full service plan, we will manage all the necessary documents and monetary requirements in the Health Department for you in an expedited manner.
- After 24 to 48 hours, you will receive by email your voucher that authorizes you to buy Medicinal Cannabis for 30 days in any dispensary.
- At the end of the 30 days, you will receive your official license for the use of Medicinal Cannabis in the dispensary of your selection.
We use the highest standards to ensure the protection of your patient information, including that all our digital platform is encrypted and protected by SSL, as well as all digital communication. We comply with all the requirements of the Medical Insurance Transfer and Liability Act known as HIPPA.
The average time to receive your patient card 30 days.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic pain
- Severe Nausea
- Intestinal Inflammatory Disease
- Persistent Muscle Spasms
- Hepatitis C
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Peripheral neuropathies
- Incurable and advanced diseases that require palliative care
The necessary evidence is at the discretion of the doctor who evaluates you. During the consultation, the doctor can administer certain tests that help you determine if you qualify. For example, the doctor can administer the GAD-7 test to determine if your anxiety levels qualify you for use of Medicinal Cannabis.
Additionally, you can support your condition with some of the following documents:
- A certification of your condition by your primary doctor or specialist.
- Recent reading of a plate (X-ray, CT-Scan or MRI).
- Prescribed medications that are no longer than 3 months.
The medical evaluation process is done through our digital platform.
In a period of 24 working hours after completing your registration.
During the medical evaluation, you and the doctor will create a bona fide Medical-Patient relationship, as provided by Law 42-2017. Through this process, the doctor evaluates your condition or conditions and determines if you qualify for Medicinal Cannabis use.
You must have completed the registration in our digital platform, selected the service plan, made the payment, your government identification and any evidence that helps to support your medical condition.
After a medical evaluation, if the authorized physician determines that you suffer from a condition covered by Law 42-2017 and that you would benefit from Cannabis treatment, he or she will make a written recommendation for the use of Medicinal Cannabis. This recommendation is NOT a prescription.
- Cannabis flower vaporization or concentrate (non-smoked)
- Medicinal Cannabis edible products
- Concentrated food products
- Leaf (trim)
- Oral drops
- Oral inhalers
- Topics, ointments, creams
- Patches (“transdermal patches”)
The doctor determines the authorized means of consumption according to their condition and severity of said condition presented during their evaluation.
The maximum daily supply limit that can be dispensed to a patient will be one ounce, equivalent to 28 grams of the Medicinal Cannabis flower or its equivalent. According to the new regulation, the proportion of flower to concentrate and edible will be the following:
- 28 grams of flower will equal eight grams of THC in concentrate
- 28 grams of flower will equal 800 milligrams of THC in edible
Patients or their authorized companions with a valid and current registration for the use of Medicinal Cannabis can acquire and possess up to a maximum supply of up to 30 days of Medicinal Cannabis in registered and licensed dispensaries.
- Medical Evidence
- Official Identification (Real ID, DTOP ID, Driver’s License or Passport)
At the time of being evaluated by the doctor if during the consultation there is no evidence of suffering from at least one of the conditions approved by the Department of Health, no refund is made.
During your registration in our digital platform.
The photo should be of your face, neck up, facing forward, and with the white background. You must not wear a cap or glasses.
The photo can be uploaded through our digital platform during registration or it can be sent to email@example.com. Attached to the photo you must attach your official ID and your social security number.
The official IDs used to request your medical cannabis license are the following: Real ID, DTOP ID, Driver’s License or Passport.
During your registration in our digital platform.
You will be notified to pick up your voucher / license at one of our allied dispensaries that serve as a distribution center near your place of residence for your convenience.
The voucher is a temporary document that is valid for only 30 days while the license is a PVC card valid for up to 1 year.
It is at the discretion of the doctor or doctor who evaluates, maximum term of up to 1 year.
They vary according to the service plan chosen
Only Medical Recommendation:
- $84 Medical Recommendation
- $ 84 Medical Recommendation
- $ 25 Postal Stamp
- $ 25 Gestoría
- $ 20 Dept. of Health Charge for Expedited Digital Service
It depends on the service plan you choose.
All credit cards and ATH Mobile.
Minors must present the following when requesting:
- Medical evidence.
- 2 medical recommendations by doctors certified to recommend medical cannabis.
- Letter from both parents or legal guardian authorizing minor to receive medical cannabis treatment.
- If one of the parents is absent, produce documents of authority / custody.
- Official identification of the child’s status, whether it is a DTOP ID or passport.
- Designate an Authorized Companion either the child’s father or mother. It can be the minor’s guardian. They must be over 21 years old.
- Provide an official identification of the State and Criminal Record of the Authorized Accompanist.
The Authorized Companion must be:
- Parent, legal guardian or legal guardian of the minor applicant
- Over 21 years old
- Provide an Official Identification of the State
- Providing Criminal Background of the Authorized Companion
Patients can only buy Medicinal Cannabis in a dispensary duly licensed by the Department of Health.
Only physicians duly certified with the Puerto Rico Department of Health can recommend the use of Medicinal Cannabis.
To be certified they need:
- Be licensed to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Be licensed to prescribe controlled Class II drugs in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Have completed a certified training course by the Department of Health on Medical Cannabis for at least eight (8) contact hours
- Certified check, manager’s check or money order in the name of the Secretary of the Treasury in the amount of $ 1,500.00.
All our doctors are duly certified.
According to the provisions of Law 42-2017, medicinal cannabis patients will only be able to consume medicinal cannabis in the privacy of their homes or in private places where their owners authorize the patient to consume medicinal cannabis. The use of medical cannabis is prohibited in public places.
If you have been evaluated by one of our Medical Doctors and your case has been filed in the Department of Health there is no monetary reimbursement. Only specific cases are reviewed and handle meticulously for consideration of a possible non guarantee credit.